Re: [SabreSailboat] Pedestal guard replacement

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2012
    I have done this job 2 yeas ago on S 28 sandpiper.. tore out the original straight guard and Replace with a  slanted guard so i could  put a 4 instrument nav pod.  No need to touch the pedistal at all..
     ADVICE Loosen the guard pull all the wires back  mark all the old wires . add more wires  up both sides  I used phone cable  2 / 6 pair up each side for spares...I was a phone man so i had spare in the garage.. any phone man along the road side will get ya some or go to Granger  they sell it  They supply company's with tools and cable..
    I used scotch locks a 3 M product for fastners..  they have clear grease in them so after connection they cover the connection making it water proof. all the best I do have pix !!   Lee
    Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2012
      i'll try a resend. lee