Sabre 28 at flooded dock

  • Ira Baline
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
    Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and lack of chafing gear.
  • Richard Coerse
    Message 2 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
      Where was that photo taken?

      Message 3 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
        Looks like there could be several boats available soon at bargain basement prices. That powerboat in the next slip is not all that well secured and it has a lot more windage and weight.

        Message 4 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
          Norfolk, VA.

          On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...> wrote:

          Where was that photo taken?

          Ira Baline wrote:

          Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and lack of chafing gear.

        • don.kerrigan
          Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2012
            I'm trying to think where this is in Norfolk. It is not in the Little Creek/Bay Point area. Wondering if it is on the Elizabeth River just north of Waterside and who owns her?

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Ira Baline <darwindad2@...> wrote:

            > Norfolk, VA.
            >
            > On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > ** Where was that photo taken?
            > >

            > > Ira Baline wrote:
            > >

            > > Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and
            > > lack of chafing gear.

          • Ira Baline
            Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2012
              Picture was on Huffington post web site. Owner's name appeared in a caption. Can't refind the picture.

              Sent from my iPhone
              617 775 0875

              On Oct 30, 2012, at 9:43 AM, "don.kerrigan" <dkerriganjr@...> wrote:

              I'm trying to think where this is in Norfolk. It is not in the Little Creek/Bay Point area. Wondering if it is on the Elizabeth River just north of Waterside and who owns her?

              --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Ira Baline <darwindad2@...> wrote:

              > Norfolk, VA.
              >
              > On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > ** Where was that photo taken?
              > >

              > > Ira Baline wrote:
              > >

              > > Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and
              > > lack of chafing gear.

            • Richard Coerse
              Message 7 of 9 , Oct 30, 2012
                I found the picture and it has the owner of the Sabre listed as Jack Devnew

                Ira Baline wrote:

                Picture was on Huffington post web site. Owner's name appeared in a caption. Can't refind the picture.

                Sent from my iPhone
                617 775 0875

                On Oct 30, 2012, at 9:43 AM, "don.kerrigan" <dkerriganjr@...> wrote:

                I'm trying to think where this is in Norfolk. It is not in the Little Creek/Bay Point area. Wondering if it is on the Elizabeth River just north of Waterside and who owns her?

                --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Ira Baline <darwindad2@...> wrote:

                > Norfolk, VA.
                >
                > On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > ** Where was that photo taken?
                > >

                > > Ira Baline wrote:
                > >

                > > Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and
                > > lack of chafing gear.

              • Kevin
                Message 8 of 9 , Oct 31, 2012
                  The photo looks to be around the Freemason Area just South of the NOAA docks in downtown Norfolk.

                  The photo is shot looking West down the Elizabeth River, you can see the cranes at Portsmouth Marine Terminal.

                  Kevin

                  --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "don.kerrigan" <dkerriganjr@...> wrote:

                  > I'm trying to think where this is in Norfolk. It is not in the Little Creek/Bay Point area. Wondering if it is on the Elizabeth River just north of Waterside and who owns her?
                  >

                  > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Ira Baline <darwindad2@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Norfolk, VA.
                  > >
                  > > On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@>wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **
                  > > >

                  > > > ** Where was that photo taken?
                  > > >

                  > > > Ira Baline wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Note the partially submerged power post, number of lines on the boat and
                  > > > lack of chafing gear.

                • Kevin
                  Message 9 of 9 , Oct 31, 2012
                    Or could be APM.