Sail Markers

  • douglasrothkopf
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
      What is this groups consensus on the best sail maker for cruising sails in the New York area? I'm looking to replace a 15 year old headsail on a Sabre 402.
    • Dave Evans
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
        A consensus of sailors? Duck!
        I'll be an outlier and offer Jeff Gibbs at Haarstick NE in RI.
        dge

        On 9/30/2012 5:03 PM, douglasrothkopf wrote:

        What is this groups consensus on the best sail maker for cruising sails in the New York area? I'm looking to replace a 15 year old headsail on a Sabre 402.

      • DAVID LOCHNER
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
          Dave,

          You aren't that much of an outlier, Haarstick in Rochester is our loft.  Even the local Quantum rep sails with Haarstick sails!

          Dave

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
            I will give him consideration. Thanks Dave.

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Evans <dave@...> wrote:

            > A consensus of sailors? Duck!
            > I'll be an outlier and offer Jeff Gibbs at Haarstick NE in RI.
            > dge
            >
            > On 9/30/2012 5:03 PM, douglasrothkopf wrote:
            > >
            > > What is this groups consensus on the best sail maker for cruising
            > > sails in the New York area? I'm looking to replace a 15 year old
            > > headsail on a Sabre 402.

          • Carter Brey
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012

              Not sure if you mean NY State or City.

              I've had great service over the years from Tom Nye at UK Halsey on City Island.

              Carter Brey
              S28-II Delphine