Re: [SabreSailboat] lewmar traveler parts

  • Blair Bunting
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2012
      I have found Rigging Only to be helpful, they are in Massachusetts and you can google them.  Ask for Tom or Jeff.
      Blair Bunting
      Richmond VA
      SV Whim Sabre 402

      On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:28 PM, John Horr wrote:

      Anyone know of a good source for lewmar traveler parts? The original on my 1986 S 30 III is starting to hang up, I think the bearings or wheels in the car are mush. Thanks John

    • The Aviation Buff
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2012
        Same here-

        Need a trabvler car to work on my pin stop rail.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2012
          I'm not sure if mine is a Lewmar or not, but it's a similar vintage so it may be. I found my bearings to be pretty beat, and the "factory original" must have a dilithium core or something -- they are pricey. I found these:
          http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0952157
          Probably overkill from a material standpoint, but at the price why not -- about $8 per hundred from your friendly neighborhood Fastenal. I think they made a big difference.

          Note that my Fastenal lists them as "out of stock" but don't let that worry you -- they can get them in a week or so.

          If you're local, I'll give you a set (100 balls is around 3 or 4 full sets -- and I only needed one set). If you're not local, it costs almost as much to ship them as to buy them.

          Harry

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, John Horr <lakeeffectbluff@...> wrote:

          > Anyone know of a good source for lewmar traveler parts? The original on my 1986 S 30 III is starting to hang up, I think the bearings or wheels in the car are mush. Thanks John

        • John Horr
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2012
            Thanks Harry, How do the end pulleys come off the track so the car can be removed? John

            --- In mailto:Sabresailboat%40yahoogroups.com, John Horr <lakeeffectbluff@...> wrote:

            > Anyone know of a good source for lewmar traveler parts? The original on my 1986 S 30 III is starting to hang up, I think the bearings or wheels in the car are mush. Thanks John

          • rdemayo
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2012
              On my 93-30 the old Lewmar Solent traveler was getting tighter every year. I removed the car to inspect the bearing expecting I could replace them. Turned out the bearing could use replacement but problem was the fit of the pins in the car. The car pin holes wore so that the bearings would cock and not run perpendicular to the track. Check the fit before replacing the bearings. I ended up upgrading the entire traveler with a new Lewmar Ocean series.

              Bob D
              S30-3 243
              Boston