Re: [SabreSailboat] Interior Shades for fixed ports

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 7:31 AM
      John,
      The posts were for ShipShades, an opotion that Sabre offered but don't have a 20 year life span.  We made plain, lined curtains with elastic loops that utilize the posts.  Other folks have replaced the posts with plastic curtain track.
      Ilkk get a picture this weekend for you.
      Pete
      On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM, JohnF <jl_folk@...> wrote:

      Now that we have replaced the fixed ports in the cabin top, you can actually see into the boat, thus we are discovering the need for some type of window covering...

      Our windows have five posts around the perimeter that I assume are original and were used for some type of shade. We are considering custom-sewing something that will work with this five post layout. What have others done?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4 8:22 AM
        John,

        Sailrite has a selection of curtain track that you can install. Earlier Sabres used a single aluminum track (item 100800) above the ports.  http://search.sailrite.com/?freeText=curtain%20track Sailrite also sells the track slides. If you make your own curtains get the slides that come attached to a tape, it will make your life easier.

        After the original curtains disintegrated in the washer, we made new ones from some nautical themed fabric purchased at JoAnn Fabric. See the attached photo. (Pardon the mess, the picture was taken was taken  shortly after the boat fell over and was righted.)

        Dave

        On Jul 4, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Peter Tollini wrote:

        John,
        The posts were for ShipShades, an opotion that Sabre offered but don't have a 20 year life span.  We made plain, lined curtains with elastic loops that utilize the posts.  Other folks have replaced the posts with plastic curtain track.
        Ilkk get a picture this weekend for you.
        Pete
        On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM, JohnF <jl_folk@...> wrote:

        Now that we have replaced the fixed ports in the cabin top, you can actually see into the boat, thus we are discovering the need for some type of window covering...

        Our windows have five posts around the perimeter that I assume are original and were used for some type of shade. We are considering custom-sewing something that will work with this five post layout. What have others done?

      • Godwin Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4 5:39 PM
          You can order new ones from Ship Shades.  They are now in Alabama.  Just google "ship shades".

          Godwin
          Bojangles

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 4, 2012, at 9:44 AM, "JohnF" <jl_folk@...> wrote:

          Now that we have replaced the fixed ports in the cabin top, you can actually see into the boat, thus we are discovering the need for some type of window covering...

          Our windows have five posts around the perimeter that I assume are original and were used for some type of shade. We are considering custom-sewing something that will work with this five post layout. What have others done?

          =
        • JohnF
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5 9:12 AM
            Wow thanks for the tip! Looks like a direct replacement.

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Godwin Jones <sailbojangles@...> wrote:

            > You can order new ones from Ship Shades. They are now in Alabama. Just google "ship shades".
            >
            > Godwin
            > Bojangles
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
            >
            > On Jul 4, 2012, at 9:44 AM, "JohnF" <jl_folk@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Now that we have replaced the fixed ports in the cabin top, you can actually see into the boat, thus we are discovering the need for some type of window covering...
            > >
            > > Our windows have five posts around the perimeter that I assume are original and were used for some type of shade. We are considering custom-sewing something that will work with this five post layout. What have others done?

          • Allison Lehman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5 9:17 AM
              also look at http://www.bristolcushion.com/shd_main.html  this is what Sabre uses now and what I have on the 362.  BTW . of you have Bristol Shades and they are tired or dirty, you can send them back and they will refurbish them for you for a lot less then the price of new ones.

              Allison