Simrad WP30 alarm

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
      I have an old WP30 wheelpilot. Starting last fall as soon as you power it up, the alarm starts squealing. It's not the belt, it's the alarm buzzer itself. Not load, just anoying. The unit works great, tracks correctly, works with the chartplotter, just makes noise.
      Hoped it would fix itself over the winter. No luck. Not in the budget to replace this year. I will probably just go in and disable the alarm. I use the Raymarine alarm for waypoint arrivals and such.
      Anyone have any ideas?
      Thanks
      JD
    • Carter Brey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012

        Jim,

        I have the same unit. I had some questions about it a few years ago and reached a knowledgeable and helpful gentleman with Simrad Yachting (on the West Coast) at this number:

        425-771-7211

        I don't know if it's still good, so don't kill me if you get connected to a massage parlor or the Everett, WA Department of Water and Sewers.

        Carter

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
          Carter:
          Thanks, will give it a try. I talked to Simrad on the East Coast, they said "too old, no support", he did suggest cutting the buzzer out.
          I'm going to open it up again today and try to just clean the circuit board with QD Electronic Cleaner. See if that helps.
          JD