Re: [SabreSailboat] lifelines

  • Blair Bunting
    Message 1 of 35 , May 1, 2012
      Yes, the complete set is uppers and lowers, new pelican hooks, reusing most of the turnbuckles but otherwise new.  If you call Jeff at Rigging Only he'll figure it out with you.

      Blair

      On Apr 30, 2012, at 5:44 PM, sailor11767 wrote:

      Blair,

      When you say "complete set" do you mean uppers, lowers, and all hardware? On my 34, I'm looking at nearly $400 in gate latches! The one price I got, SECO South, was something over a grand. I've not taken any more action after that...

      Harry

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Blair Bunting <bbmd@...> wrote:

      > I also replaced my lifelines, coated, with Rigging Only and was also very happy with the process with them and the results. Cost was $522 with shipping for a complete set for a 402.
      > Blair Bunting
      > SV Whim
      > Richmond VA
      >
      > On Apr 30, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Mike Merriman wrote:
      >

      > > I put uncoated lifelines on mine last season - new nylon inserts, nothing up top. She'll be in salem may 23 and after if you want to check her out. Got the lifelines from Rigging Only. Very happy with the results.
      > >

      > > Mike Merriman
      > >
      > > On 04/30/12, david<dbousquet@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Guys,
      > > I'm considering switching to uncoated lifelines this year but am concerned about the wire rubbing and chafing on the holes in the stations especially on the top line. My stantions have the ring on the top and I can see the bare wire cutting through the top ring and enlarging the lower holes. I understand there are nylon grommets for the lower lines, what have you guys done to address the upper line with the ring type stantion? Is there a nylon insert for that type as well? Thanks!
      > >
      > > Dave B.
      > > Magic - S34T #369
      > > Salem, MA
      > >
      > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Shepard" <PWS-E@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Now that my running rigging problem has been solved what is the best
      > > > place to find good reasonable lifelines? Plain or vinyl coated?
      > > >
      > > > Phil

    • Blair Bunting
      Message 35 of 35 , May 1, 2012