RE: [SabreSailboat] Racor Replacement

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1, 2006

      Yup. What air there is will get pushed through the return and purged from the system.  It may take a couple of minutes, but it still beats manual bleeding.

      Pete

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 7 11:35 AM
        John -
        Good work on the Mitsu project! That would be very helpful.  On the lift pump filter - I have had the lift pump filter clog with black goo twice.  Both times in the spring, and both times the Racor was fine. I'm glad the paper filter was there.  We have a lot of theories, the leading one being that some contaminated fuel passed thru when changing the Racor and algae was caught on the lift pump filter where it grew/died/morphed into the black goo over the winter.  Anyway with a a new, clean tank, I will completely drain the Racor and refill with clean fuel. No shortcuts.
        Pete

        On 8/7/06, john kalinowski <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

        Peter

        The Westerbeke I bought from Hansen 3 years ago was unpainted & had the mesh filter, so no difference.  I am not worried, as the Racor is going to take out any crud long before the lift pump filter sees it.To me, it is better as the mesh is reusable. I have heard one needs to replace the paper filters each year because the fuel will decay the glue used to seal it to the ends over time.

        Pep Boys also sells the unit for $69.99 and they stock them. Picking one up tonight.

        As to the Mitusbishi motor docs, I am working on it.  Got a new bow man who happens to work at a Mitsubishi Diesel dealership. We had this discussion 2 weeks ago. he said I just need to get the model number and he can go from there.  I need to pour though the spec sheets I have on the motor and then ask where the devil the motor numbers are located so it can be confirmed.

        Regards

         john

        Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:
        John -

        The Facet-Purolator version uses potted solid state cicuitry instead of a set of interrupter points like the originals, so service life should be way up there.  However, they just come with a nylon mesh filter, which you would want to replace with the W pleated paper filter.
        You gotta love the markup.  That red paint must be more expensive than bottom paint!  The store room at our yard sells W parts.  When I bought heat exchanger end cap gaskets the other week, they gave me a choice of official W or Sen-Dure, who made the heat exchanger to begin with -  $1.10 vs $2.91.
        Guess which price is W? To be fair, the W part was in a nice baggie and the Sen-Dure was just loose.
        It would be great if W published a Mitsubishi cross reference, the way Beta does with Kubota.

        Pete

        On 8/7/06, john kalinowski <sabre32sailor@... > wrote:
        Thanks Peter

        Advance Auto Parts web site has it  (http://www.advanceautoparts.com) for $59.99.
        Looks like the factory one, except it gold instead of red.

        Looks like Westerbeke is now adding the mount plate and charing $371. Such a deal,'
        NOT!

        john

        Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:
        John –