Minimum Temperature for life caulk application?

  • navip11
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
      I've read through the literature on boat-life's website. From what I could find, temperature is discussed in terms of drying time, not application.

      Drying time isn't an issue for me up in the North East (boats covered too)! Any idea if there is a minimum application temp? I'd like to do some work on the boat, temps in the next few days are ranging from nightly lows of 31 to daily highs of 61.

      Thanks

      p.s. anyone in the NE get over excited and buy and fun "toys" from defender this weekend?

      AJ

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks Dave.

          Im looking through the old threads, where did you end up putting your fluxgate?

          AJ

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
            Under the port settee, just forward of the water tank. It was as close to the center of the boat that I could find. Seems to work well. It is in with the seacocks for the head and sink drain, so it is not an area that we use for storage, so metal won't get in the way. I mounted the computer in the space under the quarter berth. I have the Nav Station option and there is a small area between the end of the quarter beth and the battery compartment. Seemed like the perfect place. Shortened the wiring runs to the battery and to the helm.

            Dave