Halyards for s34

  • Jay Heihsel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hi,

      Does anyone know the specifications for a S34 halyards? I looked in
      the owners manual and it's not listed... or at least I cannot find it.

      Best,
      Jay
    • John Kelleher
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012

        I just replaced both halyards on my 1981 30 with 3/8 StaSet X.  They were both 110 feet long.  I had wire rope that I replaced  with all rope halyards.  Based on input from a local rigger in Annapolis, my measurement of old halyards, and a  quick look at the attached  website I was able to confirm that the 3/8” selection was going to work.  I just cruise in my boat (no racing) and I am quite comfortable with the selection.

        http://shop.sailboatowners.com/cordage/cordage.htm?cart=13284873852278105&xbrand=SABRE&next=1

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
          In my Sabre docs folder:
          https://docs.google.com/#folders/0B0kpn5NQLNqiNDYzNmM0YzUtY2IyZC00YmI3LWE0MmItZjg5NzdkZTdkMTg3
          is a file called RunningRiggingS341.bmp, which has Sabre's ideas. Not sure I agree with all of them...

          Someone else recommended Sta-Set X, a standard for this use. I hate Sta-Set X. When you are looking, take a look at VPC -- I much prefer it.

          I think a poster here named RC has some recommendations in the Yale line, but it's much harder to source.

          Harry