Re: large CNG tanks

  • gstreamdriver
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
      I'm in Southern Maine and be glad to take one off your hands.

      Thanks

      Jim

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Mike Merriman Verizon <mike.merriman1@...> wrote:

      > I'll get the dimensions posted over the weekend
      >
      > Mike Merriman
      > 508 523 7724
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:34 PM, "walkabout193" <lbertaux@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Mike
      > >
      > > If they fit my 38 locker I certainly would. Without actually accurate measuring, I would guess mine are on the order of 30" or so.
      > >
      > > Len Bertaux
      > > Walkabout

    • JOHN CALLIS
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
        Mike

        I too would be interested in your CNG tanks.  When you post the actual size perhaps some of us may learn that they won't fit in our boats either.

        I have an S34 MKII, and would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind if others that are interested change their mind.

        Thanks
        John
        jsts@...

        On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mike Merriman wrote:

            A friend of mine gave me 2 CNG tanks he pulled of his boat as he converted to propane.  However they are much longer than the tanks in my 32.  If anyone is interested in them let me know.  North of Boston.

        Mike Merriman
      • JOHN CALLIS
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
          Mike

          Looks like your tanks are too big for my boat also.  My tanks are 25 inches long without the valve and 28.5 inches with the valve.

          Thanks for the offer
          John
          S34 MKII

          On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 10:05 AM, JOHN CALLIS wrote:

             Mike

          I too would be interested in your CNG tanks.  When you post the actual size perhaps some of us may learn that they won't fit in our boats either.

          I have an S34 MKII, and would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind if others that are interested change their mind.

          Thanks
          John
          jsts@...

          On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mike Merriman wrote:

               A friend of mine gave me 2 CNG tanks he pulled of his boat as he converted to propane.  However they  are much longer than the tanks in my 32.  If anyone is interested in them let me know.  North of Boston.

          Mike Merriman
        • Dave Evans
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
            John,
            He did. About a foot longer than the ones in our 34-2.
            dge

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:05 AM, JOHN CALLIS <jsts@...> wrote:

            Mike

            I too would be interested in your CNG tanks.  When you post the actual size perhaps some of us may learn that they won't fit in our boats either.

            I have an S34 MKII, and would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind if others that are interested change their mind.

            Thanks
            John

            On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Mike Merriman wrote:

                A friend of mine gave me 2 CNG tanks he pulled of his boat as he converted to propane.  However th ey are much longer than the tanks in my 32.  If anyone is interested in them let me know.  North of Boston.

            Mike Merriman

          • Mike Merriman
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011

              YUP – 37”

              Mike Merriman

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2011

                Are you still interested in these?

                Mike Merriman

                I'm in Southern Maine and be glad to take one off your hands.

                Thanks

                Jim

                --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Mike Merriman Verizon <mike.merriman1@...> wrote:

                > I'll get the dimensions posted over the weekend
                >
                > Mike Merriman
                > 508 523 7724
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:34 PM, "walkabout193" <lbertaux@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Mike
                > >
                > > If they fit my 38 locker I certainly would. Without actually accurate measuring, I would guess mine are on the order of 30" or so.
                > >
                > > Len Bertaux
                > > Walkabout

              • gstreamdriver
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2011
                  I'll do some measuring this weekend to see if I can make them fit.

                  Thanks for asking

                  Jim