Re: [SabreSailboat] Fisher's Island

  • Carter Brey
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      Andy,

      I've anchored in both East and West Harbor. The holding is excellent in black mud and they're both easy to get into.

      East Harbor is tiny, scenic, rather tight and lonely. It's surrounded by private mansions and ancillary grounds.

      West Harbor has a yacht club in its southwest corner, presumably with a dinghy dock, but I was unable to reach them either by VHF or phone on the day I was there. I dropped the hook in the outer anchorage to the northeast and was happy there. The scenery and tranquility are wonderful.

      This article has plenty of excellent information:

      Have fun,
      Carter
      S-28-II Delphine
      City Island, NY

      On Sep 1, 2011, at 5:01 AM, Andrew Johnson <andydavidjohnson@...> wrote:

      Is anyone racing in the round Fisher's island race this weekend?

      We're nearby at the moment and were thinking of visiting the island and watching some of the racing.

      Anyone got any good tips for a mooring there?

      Thanks,
      Andy.
      Maine Road, s28, anchored off Duck Island.

    • Andrew Johnson