Sabre 28 - 30

  • Native Texan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hello all,

      I know the news is that boating market is flat. I disagree.
      Presently, I'm looking for a S28 or S30 (shoal) in the mid-atlantic hope to have it by winter. I'm a dedicated follower of the Sabresailboat group and former master of "Serenity" a 77 S28 II.

      John L., if you are reading, you can call me anytime. Would love to have "Serenity" back.

      For those who are conversant with the later S28 how do you find the coach top travler set up for single handing? I'm chiefly a single hander and would like your take on the topic.

      The Native Texan
      Aviation Buff
    • Daniel Trainor
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
        I had a S28 and I thought the aft main sheet was briliant for single handling.  On my 32 now, its abit more challenging, but you get used to it.  Alot of times I stand in front of wheel to single hand.  With S28, you have the main sheet, jib sheets all in reach behind the wheel.

        --
        Dan

      • The Aviation Buff
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
          Thank you Dan,

          Yes I recall the end-sheeting in "Serenety" being handy to the helm. I was fortunate to have purchased it from a fellow who liked to race and the cockpit was well organized.

          Foster