teak toe rail replacement section.

    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2011
      Due to the PO my toe rail had been caught along side a dock and rolled the rail of of place. so its pulled out ward 1 1/2 inch and at a 45 degree angle..
       So some 40 inches needs to be replaced cause it leaks too. so I talked to Glen at Sabre and I got 5 feet of  the sealing rubber that goes under the rail..It arrived today and its not even close., to the old stuff... !! Does any one here have any idea where I might find such a piece as the old 1981 S-28's used ??  No one at Sabre knows..!  Lee S-28   I have the teak rail  replacement..!!
    • Barend Brink
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2011
        Hi Lee,

        I can't help with your question.  I have a similar issue to deal with, so if the rubber underlay that you got from Sabre is the sa.e stuff that is on my S34II, then I'll be happy to buy it from you and pay for shipping.

        Do you have a drawing or a picture?

        Thanks,
        //Barend (Yen Shon, 1989 S34II #376)

        Sent from my Windows Phone

        > Due to the PO my toe rail had been caught along side a dock and rolled the rail
        > of of place. so its pulled out ward 1 1/2 inch and at a 45 degree angle..
        > So some 40 inches needs to be replaced cause it leaks too. so I talked to Glen
        > at Sabre and I got 5 feet of the sealing rubber that goes under the rail..It
        > arrived today and its not even close., to the old stuff... !! Does any one here
        > have any idea where I might find such a piece as the old 1981 S-28's used ?? No
        > one at Sabre knows..! Lee S-28 I have the teak rail replacement..!!
      • R Coerse
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2011
          Lee,

          Here is a rough sketch (not to scale) if the hull to deck joint cross section on my 1982 34 MK I.

          If I remember correctly someone in this list replaced the vinyl rub rail molding and teak toe rail on a boat of this vintage several years ago and got the vinyl from Sabre.  Is this different than your 1981 S-28?  If not you may want to send this sketch to Glen and see if this is available.  Good luck.

          Dick Coerse
          "Early Light"
          1982 Sabre 34 MK I #160
          Solomons, MD

          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2011
            Lee,

            Attached is the Sabre drawing for the toe rail on S28's.

            Dave

            On May 10, 2011, at 6:49 PM, R Coerse wrote:

            Lee,

            Here is a rough sketch (not to scale) if the hull to deck joint cross section on my 1982 34 MK I.
            <Hull Deck Joint Cross Section.jpg>
            If I remember correctly someone in this list replaced the vinyl rub rail molding and teak toe rail on a boat of this vintage several years ago and got the vinyl from Sabre.  Is this different than your 1981 S-28?  If not you may want to send this sketch to Glen and see if this is available.  Good luck.

            <74.gif>

              Message 6 of 11 , May 11, 2011
                Jim,

                Depends on the boat.  S28s below hull number 537, S30s below 98, S34s below 161, and S38s below 10 do not have the channel according to the drawings in my S30 Manual.

                Dave

                On May 11, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Jim Starkey wrote:

                For what it's worth, there's a channel in the hull flange to hold the butyl tape (not big enough, of course, so the stuff gushes out).

                On 5/10/2011 6:49 PM, R Coerse wrote:
                Lee,

                Here is a rough sketch (not to scale) if the hull to deck joint cross section on my 1982 34 MK I.
                <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
                If I remember correctly someone in this list replaced the vinyl rub rail molding and teak toe rail on a boat of this vintage several years ago and got the vinyl from Sabre.  Is this different than your 1981 S-28?  If not you may want to send this sketch to Glen and see if this is available.  Good luck.

                <Mail Attachment.gif>

                  Message 9 of 11 , May 12, 2011
                    I have no rub rail and can see I never did.. S-28 1981  #505  sure would love too..Glen sent me a piece with the rub  rail in it i'll have to field modify it by cutting it off !  lee

                    Message 10 of 11 , May 13, 2011
                      Lee,

                      I replaced the rub rail on my 1979 Sabre 28 15 years ago.  I think I still have some extra left if you need a short amount.  I'd be happy to send it to you if you like.

                      Bill  Sabre 28 1979 (440)

                      Message 11 of 11 , May 16, 2011
                        Thank you Jim  , I can afro engineer what I have to work. White butyl tape and that piece Glen sent me I can get it to pass the 10 foot rule and have it not leak..West system on the bolts !  Thank you Sir  Lee