[SabreSailboat] DAMN BATTERY CHARGERS

  • Mike Merriman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2011

      Last year I lost my portable guest charger.  I bought some cheap float chargers that I left on the batteries over the winter.  This weekend I found all batteries at approx 6 volts!  The house batts would not respond to life support, but were replaced by sears gratis.  the starting batt is older and is on a heart lung machine now.

       older and wiser now.....

    • R.C.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        A guy on the Cape Dory board suffered the same fate with a Harbor Fright trickle charger. His batts are toast.

        - RC

        Last year I lost my portable guest charger.  I bought some cheap float chargers that I left on the batteries over the winter.  This weekend I found all batteries at approx 6 volts!  The house batts would not respond to life support, but were replaced by sears gratis.  the starting batt is older and is on a heart lung machine now.

         older and wiser now.....

      • Neil Russell
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
          portable Guest charger free to first responder ;)

          Moving sale...

          On May 2, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Mike Merriman wrote:

          Last year I lost my portable guest charger.  I bought some cheap float chargers that I left on the batteries over the winter.  This weekend I found all batteries at approx 6 volts!  The house batts would not respond to life support, but were replaced by sears gratis.  the starting batt is older and is on a heart lung machine now.

           older and wiser now.....

          "Whisper"
          S362-266
          Salem MA