Re: [SabreSailboat] defender sale

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011

      There is no rebate offer for the X-5 on the defender site. There is a rebate for the C, E, and G series, starts at $100 and up. Also a free pair of sunglasses.

      Also of note in the Defender sale is the Cookmate Alcohol stove. This is a drop in replacement for the Kenyon bombs that many of us have. At $233, it’s the lowest price I've found in several years of shopping.

      If you have been looking at one of those fancy Sailrite Sewing machines, check Defender. It appears that they have the same machine, that has been rebranded. Its on sale, but the regular price is still lower than sailrite.

      Dave

      On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:49 PM, Scott wrote:

      Greg,
      I'll have to check into a rebate for internet order. Thanks.
      My Sabre is the 34mkII, can't help you there.
      Scott

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:22 PM, Gregory McMahon <gmcmoose1@...> wrote:

      I also bought an X-5 today at the warehouse. There is also a $100.00 rebate bringing the price down to 1040.00 including tax. The salesperson did not mention the rebate. A Raymarine rep was walking by and advised me to go to the Raymarine booth for the rebate coupon. If you didn't get the coupon, and are local to the warehouse, bring your receipt to the booth and they'll sign off.

      Are either of the two others who purchased the X-5 Sabre 28 owners? If so, where do you intend to mount the fluxgate, the computer, and the control head?

      Greg
      S-28 Journey

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011
        There definitely is a rebate on the X-5 at the Defender sale. You may need to actually go to the warehouse. I'm not sure about that. I filled out and mailed the coupon the Raymarine rep gave me. The rebate is for $100.00 if you spend more than $1000.00 and $250.00 if you spend more than $2500.00. The small print on the coupon does show that the X-5 is eligible for the rebate. The rebate is what they call a specail event rebate.

        Greg

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011

          Is it an in store only rebate?  If not, could you scan a copy of the form and send it out?

          Dave

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011
            same here.

            I will also stop by Raymarine Hq on Monday and ask what gives.

            john

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2011
              I went back to Defender today. Rebate is in story only. Sorry to get hopes up for those too far away to get to the warehouse.

              Greg

              I will also stop by Raymarine Hq on Monday and ask what gives.

              john

              thanks for the info. I just jumped on that deal on the X-5. My old unit has been temperamental the last couple years.

              Scott

              Some killer deals on Raymarine electronics at this weekend's defender sale. I ordered an x-5 autopilot to replace the original st4000 system. $1500 knocked down to $1076. That is 100 bucks cheaper than they sell rebuilt ones.

              If looking for electronics, be sure to check them out.

            • Sid
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
                You indicate that the Cookmate is a drop-in replacement for the Kenyon. To clarify, they are both drop-in stoves, but the 4200 is does not appear to be a drop-in replacement for the Kenyon, at least the one on my boat... The footprint fot the Cookmate is a bit bigger, and would require a bit of cutting on the countertop. Is that correct? For anyone who has installed the cookmate, did you encounter any problems?

                Sid

                --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

                > There is no rebate offer for the X-5 on the defender site. There is a rebate for the C, E, and G series, starts at $100 and up. Also a free pair of sunglasses.
                >
                > Also of note in the Defender sale is the Cookmate Alcohol stove. This is a drop in replacement for the Kenyon bombs that many of us have. At $233, it's the lowest price I've found in several years of shopping.
                >
                > If you have been looking at one of those fancy Sailrite Sewing machines, check Defender. It appears that they have the same machine, that has been rebranded. Its on sale, but the regular price is still lower than sailrite.
                >

                > Dave
                >

                > On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:49 PM, Scott wrote:
                >

                > Greg,
                > I'll have to check into a rebate for internet order. Thanks.
                > My Sabre is the 34mkII, can't help you there.
                > Scott
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:22 PM, Gregory McMahon <gmcmoose1@...> wrote:
                >

                > > I also bought an X-5 today at the warehouse. There is also a $100.00 rebate bringing the price down to 1040.00 including tax. The salesperson did not mention the rebate. A Raymarine rep was walking by and advised me to go to the Raymarine booth for the rebate coupon. If you didn't get the coupon, and are local to the warehouse, bring your receipt to the booth and they'll sign off.
                > >
                > > Are either of the two others who purchased the X-5 Sabre 28 owners? If so, where do you intend to mount the fluxgate, the computer, and the control head?
                > >
                > > Greg
                > > S-28 Journey

              • Carter Brey
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
                  Sid,

                  You're correct: the Cookmate requires some enlarging of the cutout. As I recall, it was a matter of a fraction of an inch in each dimension. Not a difficult job.

                  Carter