Re: Can't Find It

  • followingsea2001
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 31, 2006
      We switched from the 33636 to the 37431 last year. I had a couple of
      old 810B impellers from the 33636 but when I tried to install one on
      the 37431 it would not fit in the shaft slot. I had to take the
      smooth-middle shaft from the worn impeller on the 37431 and use it
      to replace the threaded shaft on the old 810B impeller. The smooth
      center shaft is slightly smaller than the threaded shaft on the
      810Bs for the 33636.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "John Kalinowski"
      <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

      > Grant and Dick
      >
      > when I went from the 33636 to the 37431 raw water pump it was
      because
      > you could not buy a rebuild kit for the 33636. They are now
      > available again, so the 33636 should last a while and perserve
      your
      > investment.
      >
      > Another interesting tidbit.
      > Got the impeller kits for both pumps yesterday.
      > The 33636 is ~$20 and has the impeller, 2 cover screws and lube.
      > the 37431 is ~$30 bucks and has the impeller, 2 cover screws, lube
      > and an O ring. The impellers look about the same. Slight
      difference
      > in that one has a threaded screw going through the middle for the
      > shaft and the other only has threads at the end. Will check the
      old
      > ones when I rebuild this weekend, but it looks like if you don't
      need
      > the O ring, you can save $10.
      >
      > They were not kidding that one is a replacement for the other.
      Just
      > more expensive.. ;>)
      >
      > john
      >

      > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Grant Woodside <gewoodsiii@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Just dawned on me. I have the latest pump and the
      > > parts are no longer available!!!!
      > >
      > > Grant
      > >
      > > --- "R. Coerse" <rcoerse@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Grant and John,
      > > >
      > > > Sounds like Westerbeke is changing raw water pump
      > > > models almost as often
      > > > as I change underwear. Four years ago my engine had
      > > > pump # 24143. When
      > > > it needed rebuilding they told me they had a "new
      > > > and improved" pump
      > > > (#33636) so I bit the bullet and bought one. Now
      > > > you are telling me
      > > > that #33636 is ALSO obsolete and is replaced by
      > > > #37431? Sounds like a
      > > > good scam to make $300 from each engine owner every
      > > > 2 or 3 years.
      > > >
      > > > Dick

      > > > recommended
      > > > the

    • gmuller22
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 8, 2006
        Grant,

        Yes.

        Gerard

        <gewoodsiii@...> wrote:

        > On our Sabre 32, the shower sump pumps into the hose below head
        sink
        > drain. Is this typical?
        >
        > Grant
        >
        > --- Eric <sabre30_36@...> wrote:
        >
        > > The original Sabre 30 design has the manual pump and the shower
        sump
        > > both exiting through the same transom through-hull.
        > >
        > > Eric
        > > Sabre 30 #36 "Spirit"
        > > West River, MD
        > >
        > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Barry Wilson <bwilson506@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I don't think you are supposed to have two bilge pumps running
        > > through the same through hull. My guess is the previous owner
        used
        > > the Y valve for expediancy. I added a small electric pump last
        year
        > > and all my research suggested that each pump should have its own
        > > through hull. Local wisdom, and from this site also, have
        suggested
        > > that check valves can be problematic. So, I don't know if that
        is a
        > > wise path to take.
        > > >
        > > > Is it possible that the common hose is actually contributing
        > > the gunk in the pump, or did I completely miss this and that has
        been
        > > your premise all along?
        > > >
        > > > Barry Wilson
        > > > Slipstream S28 400
        > > >
        > > > Brooks Wright <bwright847@> wrote:
        > > > Bill,
        > > >
        > > > I just had my pump apart because it wasn't pumping, and after
        > > taking it apart and cleaning a small amount of crud from under
        the
        > > rubber flaps, I put it back together and now it works fine.
        Judging