Puzzler #2

  • followingsea2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      Today, while using the CNG stove I noticed a metallic knocking sound
      coming from the pressure reglator by the tank. It reminds me of the
      sound one sometimes gets in steam ratiators when there is a water
      lock.
      The frequency of the "pings" varied with gas usage and averaged a
      little more than one per second. Function of the stove appeared normal.
      Anyone know what this sound means and how to fix it?
    • gmuller22
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        The pinging sound you hear is the pressure regulator at the CNG
        bottles reducing the high pressure to the very low levels required for
        use. It is normal. The rate of pinging is proportional to gas usage
        and the pressure within the cylinders. As pressure decreases with gas
        usage the pinging rate decreases as well.

        Gerard

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "followingsea2001"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          Gerard,
          Glad it considered normal. For some reason it has not happened in
          the three years we have had Kokopelli. Maybe it will go away as
          mysteriously as it appeared.
          Martin

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "gmuller22" <gmuller22@...>