Re:Cleaning Water Tanks

  • Peggie Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      > There is semi-hard crud in the V-birth water tank. What's a good way
      > of cleaning it out without removing the tank?

      First, drain the tank through the faucets, the disconnect the discharge
      line and flush out all the crud that's loose...if you have a wet vac,
      that's best. Then try distilled white vinegar. Use ONLY distilled white
      vinegar, not cider. I'd guess that about a gallon of it in enough water
      to cover the bottom of the tank to depth of 2". You may have to repeat a
      few times, and still may not get all of it.
      --
      Peggie