Holy #%&+ing boatbucks!

  • Chas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
      I just got off the phone with Rig-rite, and have got my pulse down to a reasonable level. For those of you who pay attention, where my boat is concerned, I spend like a drunken sailor (coincidence? I think not) but they really took me by surprise. I needed a new gooseneck toggle for my 79' 34 MkI as the old Schaeffer welded SS unit looked like it had gone a few rounds with an angry gorilla. Cost? $429.00 plus shipping, and the new unit is aluminum and stainless. We're talking better than $200/lb. It should arrive tues. or weds. When it comes I'll let you folks know if the plating is 14k or 18k. Cheers Charlie S34 MkI #62 Pajama Girl
    • Carter Brey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
        Charlie,

        Never mind the price-- you actually communicated with Rig Rite? They
        answered the phone?! Holy moley!

        It reminds me of the musician's joke: a concert pianist comes home to
        find his house a smoldering wreck, his wife and infant children wrapped
        in blankets and standing in the yard across the street as the fire
        department hoses down the last of the flames. The tail assembly of an
        airplane protrudes from the master bedroom area.

        "Honey! What happened!?" exclaims the pianist as he sweeps them all up
        in his arms. "Oh, it was terrible," sobs his wife. "I was on the phone
        with Ron Wilford at Columbia Artists when an airplane went out of
        control and crashed into the other end of the house. I barely got the
        kids out before the whole house went up in flames."

        The pianist loosens his grip, steps back and looks her in the eyes, a
        smile of wonderment spreading across his face.

        "My manager called...?"

        On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 20:18 +0000, Chas wrote:

        > I just got off the phone with Rig-rite, and have got my pulse down to
        > a reasonable level. For those of you who pay attention, where my boat
        > is concerned, I spend like a drunken sailor (coincidence? I think not)
        > but they really took me by surprise. I needed a new gooseneck toggle
        > for my 79' 34 MkI as the old Schaeffer welded SS unit looked like it
        > had gone a few rounds with an angry gorilla. Cost? $429.00 plus
        > shipping, and the new unit is aluminum and stainless. We're talking
        > better than $200/lb. It should arrive tues. or weds. When it comes
        > I'll let you folks know if the plating is 14k or 18k. Cheers Charlie
        > S34 MkI #62 Pajama Girl

      • Chas
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
          Carter. The trick is to follow the prompts to place an order :) C.