Re: Pedestal Cover

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
      I bought one from these folks:

      http://shop.sailboatowners.com/pedestal/pedestal-gateway.htm?fno=400&hull=775630

      Very nice, decent price.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <dvzee1@...> wrote:

      > Just purchased a Sabre 34MKI. It needs a pedestal cover. Are these purchased ready made or custom made? Thanks for your help.

    • Dennis Zanone
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
        Thanks, that looks good.

        Dennis

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
          My wheel brake will not hold the wheel  S-28-1982 so My plan is to fix this by spring !!  Like order from Edson and replace the ones there !!
           I have never done this before so any tips would be appreciated  . LEE  Florida   82 degrees now

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
            Lee,

            It's not a particularly difficult job. Edson has made it easier by gluing the brake pad material to the arms for you. There are also instructions in the kit.

            Get a 7/16" stubby open end/box end wrench. There isn't enough space to get a full sized wrench in there to remove the top part of the pedestal.

            Before attempting to remove the brake pad parts, stuff a rag down the pedestal to catch the parts that will inevitably slip out of your hands. Retrieving dropped parts can be a challenge. If you do lose a part let me know and I'll give you some ideas on how to retrieve them.

            You may find the axle where the pads grip greasy and dirty. I used a brush and kerosene to degrease them.

            Dave