Marine TV omnidirectional antenna

  • John Coffey
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
      I could have sworn we talked about this on the list but my owned saved emails only talked about VHF antenna.
      Basically I need any advice from those that have installed an omnidirectional tv antenna. I'm tired of using the rabbit ears for my HDTV and it's football season.
      Boat Drinks
      John
      In Like Flynn S34

    • Bill Blalock

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
          Thanks Bill but I really need the antenna for live feeds. I'm thinking about something like this antenna. Love Nexflix, not much into Hulu.

          http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/1073325.html

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
            John

            I don't have one but a buddy does on his Mariner 36. The PO mounted the antenna on the upper spreader with the antenna wire fed through the mast.

            Len
            Walkabout S38 MKII

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
              Dick Coerse made a cool rig to hoist a round antenna up the mast using the sail slot.  Obviously it only works with the main down.  Otherwise you're looking at a permanent mast mount, or an antenna pole behind the cockpit.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
                Thanks Pete, I do remember that. Had to go back to 2004 for the link.
                http://www.geocities.com/earlylight160/TV.html

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
                  John,

                  I have a similar antenna on the top of my masthead.  I just acquired the boat like this.  The PO used it successfully to watch local broadcasts.  However, it was just analog broadcasts, he wasn't tuning ATSC or HD signals.

                  Aongus

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 21, 2009

                      Hi,

                    Lost your email address and could use your input for a new to Lake Ontario boat we are rating that has a PHRF-LE rating. Could you contact me off forum at lsill9@...?