Re: Interesting floor

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      Bill,

      Looks like you hit it right on. While Early Light's teak and holly is lovely, I think I'd be willing to settle for straight teak, like this. Factory milled 1/2" teak T&G would be a great start. Where did you get it? Or did you end up making it yourself?

      Harry

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Bill Blalock <mookiesurfs@...> wrote:

      > I have a bunch of teak strips just like that, 2" wide x 1/2" thick x 3
      > feet long, tongue and groove. That's what it looks like to me.
      > Bill B
      >
      > On 6/30/09, Comcast <lbertaux@...> wrote:
      > > Could be a teak strip floor.
      > >
      > > Leonard Bertaux
      > >
      > > Sent from my mobile device,
      > >
      > > On Jun 30, 2009, at 2:39 PM, "sailor11767" <HarryK@...> wrote:
      > >

      > >> As I've mentioned, I have a rotten cabin sole. It's on my list, long
      > >> range, but I'm constantly thinking about it. I was on Yachtworld
      > >> browsing pictures for unrelated ideas, when I came across a '77 in
      > >> Georgetown, MD. Take a look at this pic:
      > >> http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/displayPhoto.jsp?&photo=15&boat_id=1996132&boatyr=1977&boatname=Sabre+&photo_revised_date=1225729934000&photo_name=Photo+15
      > >> which shows an incredible sole. Clearly, not original. Do you think
      > >> it's traditional 3/4" hardwood, applied by nails? Or something else?
      > >> The thought of hardwood planks has crossed my mind, but the floor
      > >> seems too curved for that.
      > >>
      > >> Thoughts?
      > >>
      > >> Harry
      > >> '79 S34-1 #063
      > >> Annapolis

    • Bill Blalock
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Harry,
        I salvaged it from an old power boat that was being scrapped, with the
        idea of having some extra teak for projects. I wouldn't know where to
        get it new.
        Bill B