gear shift control broke

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009
      Thanks to Peter Vanbeckump I was able to reattach the cable to the shift lever at the transmission and found that the control only is capable of pushing. That is that I can go from reverse to neutral to forward but not in the opposite direction, as the control at the helm became disconnected from the cable at the same time.

      so Does anyone know how the connection is made between the shift lever at the helm and the actual cable? (the connection is made deep in the pedestal tube and I can't see it). and if I need to replace the cable which one is it on a s28? Edson has several different sizes.

      Thanks

      Tom