Re-Installing Winches & Cleats

  • Jay Bosanko
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 6:23 AM
      Pulled the old winches and cleats and put new cetol on the teak and am ready to install the new ST winches and the cleaned-up cleats.

      The bolt heads for the winches and cleats had been set in what I suspect was clear silicone of some sort. And the base of the cleats had the same but not the winches.

      What should I use? And, do I need to do the bases of the winches as well?

      Thanks,

      Jay

      1981 Sabre 28, II
      Georgia Yale

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 7:05 AM
          Thanks Pete - just what I needed. Heading out to do that job now.

          Jay