Re: [SabreSailboat] Glens phone number ??

    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2009
      GUYS , I'm in a real bind here, my strut needs replacing, Glen has none and none can say  es we have one with no measurements !!  Does any one still have a Sabre 28 out of the water ? I would like a picture  digital and as much information as your willing to give me.
       To get the info I need to haul the boat remove the strut and pay land yard fees while I find and decide.
       I'm trying limit my cost here, I took a bath in the market like we all have ! and this kind of money just is not there anymore, so most likely this will be borrowed money !!  Yeah I'm not happy  , but boats are boats..   Any help would be appreciated..   Thank you Lee/ Tampa bay  Fla

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2009
        I have looked on the BUCK ALGONQUIN in DE site  they make struts for alot of boats including Saber , but they do not stock by boat they use there own system by measurements and there part number . So boat type and style mens nothing to them !!
        I need tons of info to decide...   Lee/ Fla

        --
        Dan

      • Dan Trainor
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2009
          Jack, sorry to here about your strut dilemma.  Wouldn't you have to haul regardless to replace the strut?  So, I would think you could do a short haul, remove the strut and hand it over to a fabricator who can then produce an exact copy.  Then you can install the new one while your on the hard?  I don't see an alternative.  Dan

          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2009
            Lee,

            Next week I'll be shopping for a new strut for my 30. I'll share the pricing differences that I find.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2009
              Well i'm over the shock , I'm going to haul and replace my strut  found a boat yard  found a prop shop that does struts also . press fits the bearings in and all . bought the Trindad  / SR  yeaterday  78%  poison !   I'll fine line tape the water line and most likely move it up again  just in the stern..
               I just need some marine Bondo stuff and I'm set .
               I'm going to put one of those new fangled transducers that measures speed , water temp and depth all in one unit with ZERO moving parts. !!!  In place of the speed paddle wheel !!  I figure 1 week on the hard..  We will see .  best laid plans deal..  LEE/ fla