Sabre 28 II roller furling

  • dlp195201970
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
      I sure could use some advise. I have a 1980 sabre mkII and have a
      couple of questions for the group.
      Does anyone have a halyard swivel they would be willing to sell. I
      Basically have the lower end of a Harken roller furling unit # 1-1851
      and part of a stay. I will need a new stay, wire swage or Sta loc
      fittings, a halyard swivel and of course an entire foil system.
      Second, I have removed the sliding overhead hatch and while taking it
      apart noticed a clear type of tape used for caulking the wood to the
      pleyglass. Does any know the name of the product and where I might be
      able to purchase some?
      Also, could anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic in the Salem MA
      area that might be willing to help me rebuild or should I say,
      reassemble my Volvo MD7A?
      Seems I now just enough to get myself in trouble? Some day I'll learn,
      some things should be left alone......

      David, Sabre 28 mkII
    • Gib Metcalf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
        David,
            Doug Currier with Russ Marine Services has helped me a couple of times with my MD7A.  His office number is (978) 532-3373 and mobile number is (978) 927-8139.  He's out of Peabody.  Good luck.
        Gib Metcalf
        Troubadour S28-446
        Salem, MA

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
          2nd Gib's recommendation.
          Russ Marine has saved the bacon on several members here.

          For the swivels go to www.riggingonly.com in Fairhaven Ma and they will take care of you.
          Suggest going the norseman/stayloc method.

          Not difficult, and if in the future the wire stretches, you can always unbolt the end, shorten with a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool and reassemble.  They also certify all wire that comes into thier shop.  You can trust what you are getting which is important in our applications.  And they can get you just about anything.

          Just had them build all new standing rigging for my s-32

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
            Peter Haywood at Winter Island Yacht Yard is a certified Volvo mechanic.