S34 in Rhode Island

  • Charlie Hodgman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
      Happy New Year folks! Has anybody out there heard anything about, or
      looked at this 1984 S34 MkI?
      http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/963055103.html
      Looks interesting, although I.ve always heard that life on the hard can
      be "hard" on a boat. Charlie S34MkI #62 Pajama Girl

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          Hmmm, photos don't look too bad, although they usually don't.  Mast is out.  You can see the holly in the sole, so light use.
          -Any hull deformation at keel and/or poppets from being on the hard?
          -Does motor run?
          -What is that white bottom? Paint? Stripped?
          -mast included?
          Probably a 'just get rid of it' private sale by a broker, so it's on craigslist and not the brokerage.  Take a look, offer 15K, see what happens.  You'll need another 15k min to get it sailing, I'll bet. It's a serious buyer's market.
          Bill B