Re: Replacing a Sole on a Sabre 30

  • jeffrey19672002
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
      Dave,
      I heard that Joe got stuck. They tried to send him to a slip
      around the corner, where there is no water. I guess he got stuck pretty
      good. I did not have any problems. It did feel as though I pushed thru
      about 6" of mud. Its hard to believe that they are dropping the water
      so fast. It has been great all year, and the last 3 weeks its dropped
      over 8-9". Is Joe keeping his boat there this year? When do you haul
      out, and where do you store?

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2008
        Jeff,

        Usually haul right after Columbus day. Time for one last sail and over to Oswego Marina for the winter. Joe is keeping his boat there for the winter. Its about $400 cheaper than Oswego. Easy for him, he lives in Oswego. It adds about 30 minutes to my trip, so I keep Identity Crisis in Oswego.

        The water depth has been good this year. Wish it was that way last year, wouldn't have spent so much time repairing my keel and rudder!

        Dave