Upgrading Head

  • Daniel Trainor
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 23, 2006
      Anyone replace the standard W-C Headmate with Raritan PH II ?  And how easy was the assembly/mounting?   Did you have to drill new holes or what?

      Dan

      Sent: 2/23/2006 2:44:22 PM
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] NE Boat Show

      Wandered around the show last evening and here's some impressions.

      Only Sabre was the 426; too big for me!
      Only other sailboat that felt like a sailboat was the J-109.
      Beneteaux, Jeanneaux, Hunters, Catalinas all beam all white plastic all
      the time.
      Island Packet same but in yellow.
      No Tartans, C&Cs or Freedoms.

      Like Nan and I said to each other one time in Newport, "I don't really
      want a new boat!"

      Boat/US is back to giving discounts for at-show renewals, not to mention a
      nice duffle bag, too!
      W*st M*r*n* had some nice new gloves -- with fingers! -- for $20; $10 off.

      Nice talk with Kevin Montague of NE Rigging (once Marine Exchange).
      He said the 34-2 should be able to beat 36s and 38s. Hmmmm.
      Also that once I start flying the aysm I'll use it all the time.

      dge

    • John Kalinowski
      Message 60 of 60 , Apr 2, 2007
        Peggy

        I upgraded my W-C to a Raritan PH II yesterday.
        In the diagram for a head below water level, they have a T fitting
        with a strainer and a "hold tank" before the pump intake.

        I thought in a prior note, you said to put it between the pump and
        bowl. I cannot find it. Did I misunderstand you?

        For a hold tank, what should be used? I would have thought a hose
        higher than the water level can ever get would do the job.

        Also, I was talking to a guy who has been in the marine business for
        many years. He recommended the PHII, but said to only clean the pump
        using vinager, as he had done tests and found harsh chemicals can
        warp the joker valve.

        Thanks in advance.

        john

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peggie Hall <peggie.hall@...>
        wrote:

        > Brooks Wright wrote:
        >
        > > Peggie,
        > > I'd like to see those photo's also as I am planning on installing
        a new
        > > PH II this year.
        >
        > They're attached. There's nothing toilet "make/model specific"
        about
        > that installation...in fact, I THINK his toilet was actually a
        Jabsco
        > manual. It doesnt matter, though...these photos are just an
        excellent
        > example of a vented loop installation for ANY piston/cylinder
        toilet.

        > You'll get just as much from the drawings on page 2 of PH II
        > installation instructions.
        >

        > --
        > Peggie
        > Peggie Hall
        > Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
        > Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation
        Systems and
        > Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
        > http://shop.sailboatowners.com/books/detail-books.htm?
        fno=0&sku=90&cat=1304