Re: Parting out a Sabre 28-II

  • william petersen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2008
      Sandusky,

      I may be interested in your sails if you still have then. Also looking for a boom and
      perhaps the shaft and Max prop. thanx, Bill Ptersen

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "sandusky_sabre" <sandusky_sabre@...> wrote:

      > I received my insurance check from my dismasting. It greatly exceeds
      > the value of the boat. With a heavy heart we have decided to sell the
      > boat as a project boat or part it out. It has been a tough decison
      > since we have owned the boat for 20 years and have had a great time
      > with it. As a 7 time class winner in the Mills race, overall winner of
      > the Islands Race, overall winner of the Falcon Cup there are more than
      > a few of my competitors who will be happy to see it go. The 28-II is
      > truly an amazing boat. I'm thinking of selling the rebuilt Atomic 4
      > (used only in freshwater), Martec folding prop in excellent condition,
      > stainless prop shaft, Dodger (needs new canvas, Bimini, Edson steering
      > with new quadrant, and various pieces, parts, along with the headsails
      > and remaining spinnaker, spinnaker pole etc. If anybody has a need,
      > let me know before I put it on E-Bay. BTW- For any racers out there, I
      > have a Quantum Fusion Carbon/Kevlar 155%, #6 luff tape, a Kevlar tape
      > drive blade with battens, and others that fit a S-28-II in great
      > condition. All of the sails have long turtle bags.

    • sandusky_sabre
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2008
        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "william petersen"
        <williampetersen@...> wrote:

        > Bill, I sent you an email. It looks like the boat is going to go.
        Last call, if anyone has a derelict S-28 and would like to buy a
        mast-less one for a mating let me know. I know it is heresy, but I
        have bought a 1985 C&C 29-II in very nice condition to replace the
        Sabre. I just couldn't find a another 28 or 30 in as nice of condition
        which wasn't $8-10,000 more. Maybe in a couple of years I can get that
        34-II I've always wanted.

        Sandusky Sabre