RE: [SabreSailboat] Scale model - Sabre yachts

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31 8:23 PM

      Todd Dunn at www.todddunnmicroyachts,com

      He did ours and is absolutely awesome. Check the Sabre 30 Mk III on his website.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2008
        Not a good idea to do any sealing from the inside, or, if the outside
        seal fails, you get water trapped in there. Better to do all the
        sealing on the outside.

        I had a guy replace gutters on my house, and when he had put them up,
        water was leaking down behind them. I asked that he caulk the
        gutters. He did, and water no longer dripped down the side of the
        house. Whe I noticed the fascia boards rotting a few years later, I
        realized he had caulked it from the bottom.

        If your seal on the outside is not good enough, it is not good enough.

        Sid
        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, jack horner <captbluwater@...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks , Its hard to say with out pulling how this will go ..
        >  But here is my concept.  remove the frame and window.   Seal the
        space between the liner
        >  and hull with resin and micro balloons in a paste !
        > remove the old lens from the frame.   run a bead of buytal ( gutter
        calk ) inside the frame and push the new glass into it . wipe off
        excess, repeat for the other side... seal the frame to the hull with
        buytal and inside too. Clean up with Mineral Spirits.
        > All ideas and concepts welcome...   Thanks  LEE

        difficulty. Seals. Those are not
        > too easy to find. I did however see notes on the Sabre site with
        installation information and
        > procedures.  I have some photos and was planning to post a
        procedure.

        > I'll dig around and see what I have handy.
        >
        > F Adams
        > Former S28 "Serenity"

        feel comfortable with this project
        > I found a local plastic guy who will  cut and sell me the plastic.
        >  Any ideas from owners who have done this project , your ideas and
        comments are most welcome..
        >  If the rain does not stop this may be a fall project..   No rain
        here in fall !
        >  Two of the four main salon  widows leak to the shelf below !!   I
        like a dry boat !!!!
        >   Fair  Winds  ,    Lee

      • Dave Evans
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 3, 2008
          A second for Todd D.
          Known him for many years; met him in SW Harbor a few cruises ago.
          Here's his model of our 34-II and the original:
          http://www.sailonset.com/DSCN0560x750.jpg
          dge

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Tollini" <pete@...>
          wrote:

          > Todd Dunn at www.todddunnmicroyachts,com
          > <http://www.todddunnmicroyachts,com/>
          >
          > He did ours and is absolutely awesome. Check the Sabre 30 Mk III on
          his
          > website.
          >
          > Pete

          NCID=aolcmp00050000000014> the

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 22, 2009
            Catalina Direct has the window frame molding and  the inner u shaped track molding. All the same as the Catalina 25 windows.  Buytal  is the recommenced sealer  others will work too.  I used Gutter caulk from the depot !  I have a 81 saber 28 #515. Did all nw window glass replacement last season. OH the 5200 goo
            remover is great works in 30 min.  Windows fall out !!! LEE/  fla