Re: Best way to sell a Sabre 28 MKII

  • mhdyachtsman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2 12:06 PM
      I have worked on and made my Sabre 28 MK II the best she can be, and
      she truly now is pristine. I was just curious on the ways that
      others have used to sell their boats with success. I bought my boat
      on word of mouth, and have utilized that channel. Any broker
      recommendations for the Marblehead, MA area?

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, The Aviation Buff
      <avnbuf915@...> wrote:

      > Depends on the boat.
      >
      > I suggest you think about what you looked for in the boat you
      bought and
      > try to make your boat that image.
      >
      > Don't be afraid to use a broker. The earn their keep.
      >
      > You can call NORTH POINT in Annapolis, MD.  The have a
      performance (J Boat) club
      > and there is a ready group of potential buyers for a performance
      cruiser like the S28.

      > EF Adams

    • mhdyachtsman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2 12:06 PM

        <avnbuf915@...> wrote:

        > Depends on the boat.
        >
        > I suggest you think about what you looked for in the boat you
        bought and
        > try to make your boat that image.
        >
        > Don't be afraid to use a broker. The earn their keep.
        >
        > You can call NORTH POINT in Annapolis, MD.  The have a
        performance (J Boat) club
        > and there is a ready group of potential buyers for a performance
        cruiser like the S28.

        > EF Adams

      • The Aviation Buff
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2 12:55 PM

          Not in Marblehead but perhaps near.

          I spoke with one in that area on a S34 there who did a pretty good job.

          I'll see if I still have the name.

          The boats are bringing a good price from the right buyer. Depends on how much

          of a hurry you are in. I recall that when I listed my boat I was doubtful that it would sell

          ( and not too motivated ).

          There are some really nicely kept boats out there but they are few and not easy to find. One such boat a S30 is in New Jersey.

          Good luck

          EF Adams

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3 7:39 AM
            mhdyachtsman wrote:
            > I have just finished a year long upgrade and improvement of my 1982
            > Sabre 28 MK II and now find myself wanting more room, and am eyeing a
            > Sabre 36 which will be coming on the market soon. I have no experience
            > selling boats, and was looking for ideas as to what would be the best
            > way to market and sell a classic boat such as this. Should I list it
            > with a broker in Marblehead? Ads in the local paper, Soundings,
            > Craigslist? What has worked for you in the past?

            I can't help you with the 28, but I have a 36 for sale in Manchester.
            If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

            --
            James Starkey, Senior Software Architect
            MySQL Inc., Manchester, MA, USA, www.mysql.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3 10:29 AM
              mhdyachtsman wrote:
              > I have worked on and made my Sabre 28 MK II the best she can be, and
              > she truly now is pristine. I was just curious on the ways that
              > others have used to sell their boats with success. I bought my boat
              > on word of mouth, and have utilized that channel. Any broker
              > recommendations for the Marblehead, MA area?

              New Wave Yachts in Manchester, the local Sabre dealer, also brokers
              yachts. Give Parker Harrison a call at 978 526-9996. He'd also be
              delighted to show you a very nice 36.

              --
              James Starkey, Senior Software Architect
              MySQL Inc., Manchester, MA, USA, www.mysql.com
              Office: 978 526-1376
            • Charles Sidwa
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3 11:32 AM
                I bought Chinook, our 34 MKII through Parker.  He has been a good guy to work with.

                Charlie