How To Remove Tank Staps

  • Grant Woodside
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2008
      How do you remove the heavy metal straps that hold the water and
      holding tanks in place on a Sabre 32? Do you have to remove wood? They
      don't seem to slide out.

      Grant
    • Jim Serra
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
        Grant, I have the same heavy metal "straps" which I just removed to
        pull the holding tank on my S28. I'm amazed at how Sabre wedged
        things in.

        I needed to knock out small wood cleats which held down the straps.
        Then I needed to remove a long, thin piece of teak molding along the
        top front of the of the port berth face panel. This was necessary to
        get clearance to move the straps b/c they are shaped like a T and rest
        in a groove on the tank. Removing the wood cleats didn't give me
        enough room to slide the straps off the tank.

        FYI, I'm in the process of replacing my head, hoses, and now the tank
        due to a broken fitting and permeation issues.

        Jim

        -- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Grant Woodside <gewoodsiii@...>