Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: anchor chain

  • Bill Blalock
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008

      That's an easy splice - When you order, say 'Put a thimble and eyesplice in one end'.  At least, that's how I do it.

      Bill B

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
        I use 40 ft of 3/8 chain to my plow with 1/2 inch 3 stand 150 ft. I would not trade my heavy chain fo anything. I have seem mud over hard that all my neighbors drug anchor but me. Was a circus at 2 AM with 30 knots of wind boats going past me with the owners sleeping ! Me blowing horns shouting folks waking up 1/2 lit from the party the nite before. engines going off to hold them steady in the blow. Boats into other boats..
         But a fun time was had by all !!!!!!! from my point of view .... Lee/ fla the story took place in Long Boat Key

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
          Try animatedknots.com, easy way to tie knots and learn a sailors skill.... LEE/ fla

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
            I find that the thimble does not come over the roller very nicely.
            The rope-to-chain splice is a delight, as much anything related to
            the act of anchoring can be called such!
            dge
            34-II

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Bill Blalock <mookiesurfs@...>
            wrote:

            > That's an easy splice - When you order, say 'Put a thimble and
            eyesplice in one end'. At least, that's how I do it.
            > Bill B

            yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

          • R Coerse
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
              Not to mention how poorlky the windlass gypsy handles the thimble :-P

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008

                I WISH I had a windlass.  It's Heave.....Ho......Stamp...and..Go, Heave....Ho.......

                Bill B

                href="mailto:Sabresailboat%40yahoogroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:Sabresailboat%40yahoogroups.com">Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com