Re: [SabreSailboat] new subject _Cowl vents

  • The Aviation Buff
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 30, 2007
      Wow!,,, I'm going to test my Dorades to see if they are like that.

      jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:
      My cowl vent has been plagued this year with MOLD spots. The every day afternoon one hour rain plays a part. So today tired at trying to clean it in the little sink I took it home . Some CLOROX and a brush and it was clean again. I have to guess its the original 1982 one.  So after toweling it dry I noticed some 3 tablespoons of water around the plastic ring that glues to the Vinyl/ Rubber what ever COWL !
       Here is the sorce of the moisture !!!!!  Went to the work shop put a small drill in the cordless and drilled 4 weep holes !  Now the rain can't sit in there heat up and cause mold...I'll let you know if it works !!!!  Lee/ Fla
      jack horner <captbluwater@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Thank you  , I do have a defender catalog ! I'll find it  . Wind here is 20 today going sailing   lee  kicken

      Carter Brey <cbrey@attglobal. net> wrote:
      Email-land twisted it somehow and only turned the first half of the
      string into a link. Just highlight the entire string of characters all
      the way through to and including the numerals "28817" and paste it into
      the URL space in your browser by hand.

      Or just go to www.defender. com and search "edson gps mount". It's the
      first item that pops up.

      Cheers,
      Carter

      vanbeckump wrote:
      > that link is busted...try again?
      >
      > --- In Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com, Carter Brey <cbrey@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Lee,
      >>
      >> This here's the puppy:
      >>
      >> http://www.defender .com/product. jsp?path= -1|344|320737| 320738&id= 28817
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> Carter

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Got a little couch potato?

      Message 37 of 37 , Oct 8, 2007
        As we also discussed on the midship cleat thread, beauty has its cost!

        Dave

        On Oct 8, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Dave Evans wrote:

        John,
        Thanks for helping me beat this one to death!
        Is what I thought. A nice thing about the SnapIt! is that it can be
        completely swung around so the GPS can be seen from any angle. Like
        when someone else has the wheel, but I want to check things out
        without taking their place. Plus it can be swung in and out of the
        way when the cover goes on. But not as pretty!
        dge

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, john kalinowski
        <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

        > B is the main one.
        > I believe A can be set when you set up the mount. But once in
        place, it is set until take it apart and reset it.

        > There is also a vertical setting with a knob on it.
        >
        > john
        >
        > Dave Evans <dave@...> wrote:
        > John,
        > Sorry, feeling dense here! "Around the bar?"
        > Here's a quick drawing: http://images.sailonset.com/EdsonGPS.jpg
        > The circle at left is the pedestal guard; the gray block the GPS.
        So is