newbie questions

  • Charlie Hodgman
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9 4:10 PM
      Hi folks, some more inane questions. Having spent the weekend cleaning
      and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
      veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower, and
      then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a quick
      shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
      port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was the
      anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
      location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
      paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
      BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
      ago she'd have never let me buy the boat
    • Gib Metcalf
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9 4:27 PM
        Not sure about 1 and 4 but the small hole should be the anchor locker drain.  Is the hole blocked?  On my Sabre 28, there is a metal screen glassed in at the front bottom of the anchor well behind which is the drain hole.  I'm guessing yours is plugged.   It may be draining down into your bilge if your boat is like mine was with rotten and leaking floorboards at the bottom of the anchor well.  If so, replace with Starboard.
        Gib Metcalf
        Troubadour S28-446
        Salem, MA

        Charlie Hodgman wrote:

        Hi folks, some more inane questions. Having spent the weekend cleaning
        and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
        veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower, and
        then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a quick
        shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
        port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was the
        anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
        location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
        paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
        BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
        ago she'd have never let me buy the boat

      • The Aviation Buff
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9 5:51 PM
          Hi Guys,,,

          Perhaps I can chip in..

          You have a shower?  Awsome!  I have a vent on the water tank that comes off of the starbord bow.  The anchor locker was on my "to do" list over the weekend. It is plumbed into the sink drain at the head.  I know this because I closed the seacock under the head sink and it filled with water when I washed the boat.  Cool....

          Bikini Blue?..I mixed the color to match but I am looking for a source. The anchor locker was a mess so I did the good crew thing and cleaned it up a little. Looks like a swimming pool now. real blue....

          Someone tell me about the shower sump.

          F Adams
          S28 #260 "Serenity"

          Charlie Hodgman wrote:
          Hi folks, some more inane questions. Having spent the weekend cleaning
          and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
          veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower, and
          then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a quick
          shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
          port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was the
          anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
          location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
          paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
          BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
          ago she'd have never let me buy the boat

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • Charlie Hodgman
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9 6:05 PM
            Bikini blue easy-poxy from petit original paint sabre used
            for "unfinished" spaces. Charlie S34 MkI pajama girl

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, The Aviation Buff
            <avnbuf915@...> wrote:

            > Hi Guys,,,
            >
            > Perhaps I can chip in..
            >
            > You have a shower? Awsome! I have a vent on the water tank that
            comes off of the starbord bow. The anchor locker was on my "to do"
            list over the weekend. It is plumbed into the sink drain at the
            head. I know this because I closed the seacock under the head sink
            and it filled with water when I washed the boat. Cool....

            > Bikini Blue?..I mixed the color to match but I am looking for a
            source. The anchor locker was a mess so I did the good crew thing and
            cleaned it up a little. Looks like a swimming pool now. real blue....

            > Someone tell me about the shower sump.
            >
            > F Adams
            > S28 #260 "Serenity"
            >

            > Gib Metcalf <gib@...> wrote:
            > Not sure about 1 and 4 but the small hole should be the
            anchor locker drain. Is the hole blocked? On my Sabre 28, there is
            a metal screen glassed in at the front bottom of the anchor well
            behind which is the drain hole. I'm guessing yours is plugged. It
            may be draining down into your bilge if your boat is like mine was
            with rotten and leaking floorboards at the bottom of the anchor
            well. If so, replace with Starboard.
            > Gib Metcalf
            > Troubadour S28-446
            > Salem, MA
            >
            > Charlie Hodgman wrote: Hi folks, some more inane questions.
            Having spent the weekend cleaning
            > and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
            > veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower,
            and
            > then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a
            quick
            > shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
            > port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was
            the
            > anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
            > location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
            > paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
            > BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
            > ago she'd have never let me buy the boat
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            who knows.
            > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

          • The Aviation Buff
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9 7:17 PM
              Thanks Charlie!

              I like the color.. i'll see if I can find a match... sure makes the anchor locker look better.

              F Adams
              S28 #290 "Serenity"

              <avnbuf915@. ..> wrote:

              > Hi Guys,,,
              >
              > Perhaps I can chip in..
              >
              > You have a shower? Awsome! I have a vent on the water tank that
              comes off of the starbord bow. The anchor locker was on my "to do"
              list over the weekend. It is plumbed into the sink drain at the
              head. I know this because I closed the seacock under the head sink
              and it filled with water when I washed the boat. Cool....

              > Bikini Blue?..I mixed the color to match but I am looking for a
              source. The anchor locker was a mess so I did the good crew thing and
              cleaned it up a little. Looks like a swimming pool now. real blue....

              > Someone tell me about the shower sump.
              >
              > F Adams
              > S28 #260 "Serenity"
              >

              > Gib Metcalf <gib@...> wrote:
              > Not sure about 1 and 4 but the small hole should be the
              anchor locker drain. Is the hole blocked? On my Sabre 28, there is
              a metal screen glassed in at the front bottom of the anchor well
              behind which is the drain hole. I'm guessing yours is plugged. It
              may be draining down into your bilge if your boat is like mine was
              with rotten and leaking floorboards at the bottom of the anchor
              well. If so, replace with Starboard.
              > Gib Metcalf
              > Troubadour S28-446
              > Salem, MA
              >
              > Charlie Hodgman wrote: Hi folks, some more inane questions.
              Having spent the weekend cleaning
              > and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
              > veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower,
              and
              > then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a
              quick
              > shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
              > port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was
              the
              > anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
              > location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
              > paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
              > BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
              > ago she'd have never let me buy the boat
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              who knows.
              > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

              Got a little couch potato?

            • Jan Meermans
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10 5:35 AM
                As for using Bikini Blue, I'll have you know that I painted it on the
                masthead truck? (the welded fabrication that holds the sheves) which
                sets off our boat from the rest of the anchorage. One of a kind you
                could say. Can't say that it helps you find you boat after dark when
                returning with the dinghy in a slightly innebriated state but that is
                what the solar powered gardern lights are for.

                Shoe

                <avnbuf915@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Charlie!
                >
                > I like the color.. i'll see if I can find a match... sure makes
                the anchor locker look better.

                > F Adams
                > S28 #290 "Serenity"
                >
                > Charlie Hodgman <chodgmanjr@...> wrote:
                > Bikini blue easy-poxy from petit original paint sabre used
                > for "unfinished" spaces. Charlie S34 MkI pajama girl
                >
                > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, The Aviation Buff
                > <avnbuf915@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Guys,,,
                > >
                > > Perhaps I can chip in..
                > >
                > > You have a shower? Awsome! I have a vent on the water tank that
                > comes off of the starbord bow. The anchor locker was on my "to do"
                > list over the weekend. It is plumbed into the sink drain at the
                > head. I know this because I closed the seacock under the head sink
                > and it filled with water when I washed the boat. Cool....
                > >
                > > Bikini Blue?..I mixed the color to match but I am looking for a
                > source. The anchor locker was a mess so I did the good crew thing and
                > cleaned it up a little. Looks like a swimming pool now. real blue....
                > >
                > > Someone tell me about the shower sump.
                > >
                > > F Adams
                > > S28 #260 "Serenity"
                > >

                > > Gib Metcalf <gib@> wrote:
                > > Not sure about 1 and 4 but the small hole should be the
                > anchor locker drain. Is the hole blocked? On my Sabre 28, there is
                > a metal screen glassed in at the front bottom of the anchor well
                > behind which is the drain hole. I'm guessing yours is plugged. It
                > may be draining down into your bilge if your boat is like mine was
                > with rotten and leaking floorboards at the bottom of the anchor
                > well. If so, replace with Starboard.
                > > Gib Metcalf
                > > Troubadour S28-446
                > > Salem, MA
                > >
                > > Charlie Hodgman wrote: Hi folks, some more inane questions.
                > Having spent the weekend cleaning
                > > and exploring my new ride, I've got a few questions for all you
                > > veteran owners. (1)shower sump operation. Does one take a shower,
                > and
                > > then when done hit the breaker marked sump pump? This assumes a
                > quick
                > > shower which is the norm anyway. (2)What is the small hole in the
                > > port side of the bow 12"to'18"below the stemhead? I thought it was
                > the
                > > anchor locker drain, but when i rinse out the locker, nada from this
                > > location. (3)to where does th anchor locker drain? (4)What color to
                > > paint newly scrubbed sump, white or bikini blue? Thanks, Charlie.
                > > BTW that shower sump was NASTY!! if the admiral had seen it a month
                > > ago she'd have never let me buy the boat
                > >

                > > ---------------------------------
                > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone
                > who knows.
                > > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                > Got a little couch potato?

              • The Aviation Buff
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10 7:30 AM
                  Great line!

                  There is an Alberg 35 near my slip that anchors out with one of those solar powerd garden lights ... I was wondering what it was for.

                  His mast top also looks like it works with the solar power. What's that about?

                  Well us 'little boat' guys need all the help we can get in the anchorage.

                  F Adams
                  S28 #290 "Serenity"