Re: [SabreSailboat] Boat Storage (So of Boston)

  • Damon Dustin
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 31 9:05 PM
      Hi Brooks:

      Winter store Hannah, our 32 foot Sabre, sail # 47 at Overland Boatyard in Newburyport. There winter storage charge is #49.00 per foot which includes hauling, unstepping and stepping the mast, jack stands, water and electricity at each berth, a crushed stone yard with more than the usual spacing between hulls and rest rooms. They are inland so no water view. No idea whether or not they have any room but it is a very good facility. Their address is 23 Low Street, telephone # 978-462-5431. I think we briefly discussed the yard when I met you at Jocelyn's last spring.

      Thanks for introducing me to Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com. The information and experiences of the group re. Sabre's is certainly vast and the will and desire to share this knowledge absolutely great. I take this opportunity so say hello to the group and look forward to having the opportunity (hopefully) to add something meaningful to the varied topics of discussion.

      Damon Dustin
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 10, 2007
        Barry,
        Since only one person is ever on the computer, Mac or PC, it doesn't really matter.  For example, my Mac, running the latest OS X, is running 47 processes.  My Toshiba notebook, which I hardly ever use since there is no need to aggravate myself, has 45 processes using XP.  I think a little more integration has gone into the Mac  / Mac OS interface since Apple is the source of both,  versus Windows  where MS more or less dictates what will be and the vendors have to deal with it.  There was a rumor that Dell was trying to license Mac OS from Apple; but nothing has come of it yet.  I think Apple is still a little too dependent on MS for Office to compete in the OS environment with them.

        If you have a PC that shares it memory bank for video, you should get as much memory as you can afford.  You will definitely see a major improvement in speed.  Also, removing unused startup processes will also make it boot faster and free up resources which are unnecessarily stealing a clock cycle or two every now and then.

        Greg

        On Sep 10, 2007, at 7:34 AM, Jim Starkey wrote:

        Barry Dwyer wrote:
        The PC for my kids runs XP which as the capability to have separate log-ins, etc for a number of users.  The problem is that it takes up a lot of system resources as it runs duplicate instances of various processes.  This makes the computer slow.  I wonder if the Mac does it more efficiently…