6859Re: propwalk

  • gmuller22
    Nov 1, 2006

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Grant Woodside <gewoodsiii@...> wrote:

      > Remember, the original question was "How to dock a boat".

      But I thought that question was answered for you, Grant. To recap, I suggested you read Chapman's Piloting, Seamanship and Small Boat Handling. That encouraging title turns out to be true to its promise. When I started boating, that is the book I used to learn the basics. Over the years I have referred to it at various times to refresh my understanding of things and have always found it to be an effective and accurate source. There aren't too many things in life that are as dependable as Chapman.

      There are CDs out there that illustrate what you are looking for, but from the reviews of them they don't sound very useful (Maybe someone on here has found one that is good). In any event, the book is preferable because you can read up on some maneuver before you try it, then after you screwed it up you can go back to the book and find out why. What you can be assured of in Chapman is that every procedure described there works.

      Gerard

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic