575Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Killing the smell

    Dec 1, 2005
      Gerard -
      You can relax - by next spring in New England, how would you know if they did :)
      Pete

      On 12/1/05, gmuller22 <gmuller22@...> wrote:
      This stuff can eat blacktop!!! Does Homeland Security know about
      this? Imagine if terrorists got a hold of it and began spraying it
      on our highways? And I was having such a nice Thursday too.

      Gerard Muller

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peter Tollini <pete@t...>
      wrote:

      > There is a warning on Capt. Chomp bilge cleaner that made me think
      then
      > laugh.  They say it works well on driveway and garage oil stains,
      but
      > caution against using it on blacktop. I can see the lawsuit
      now, "Your bugs
      > ate my driveway!"
      > Pete
      >

      > On 12/1/05, Peggie Hall <peg.hall@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > gmuller22 wrote:
      > > > That wasn't my reading. The MSDS talks about the effects of the
      > > > product, which is known, not the effects of what's in the
      bilge,
      > > > which is not known. I think when they refer to spill they mean
      the
      > > > spill of the product, not what it's being poured into.
      > > > ... but I think few have ever felt the need to wear a full
      > > > face shield and respirator when cleaning their bilge.
      > >
      > > In a society where nuisance personal injury lawsuits have made it
      > > necessary to mark the tool shelf on a ladder "not a step,", and
      boat
      > > builders have to put a placard on a swim platform warning
      against "teak
      > > surfing" because some of them have been sued for "failure to
      warn,"
      > > mfrs now include extreme safety precautions against even the
      most remote
      > > possibilities they can think of. I've even seen warnings on milk
      jugs
      > > that it shouldn't be consumed by those who are lactose
      intolerant!

      > > Pull up the MSDS on ANY product...you'll see warnings that'll
      scare the
      > > bejabbers out of you...here's the one for
      SeaLand's "environmentally
      > > friendly (?)" holding tank product.  The MSDS for Odorlos isn't
      on their
      > > website, but I have a copy of it, and also the one for Raritan
      K.O.
      > > (which my own company developed...I sold the product line to
      Raritan in
      > > 1999) I can attach to an email if you want read it.
      > >
      > > But what it comes down to is, if you don't feel that a product
      is safe
      > > to use without excessive precaution, don't use it.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Peggie
      > > ----------
      > > Peggie Hall
      > > Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
      > > Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation
      Systems and
      > > Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
      > >
      > > http://www.seaworthy.com/store/customer/product.php?
      productid=40&cat=6&page=1

      > > http://shop.sailboatowners.com/books/detail-books.htm?
      fno=0&sku=90&cat=1304

      > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > >    Service < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic