48164Re: [SabreSailboat] More boat damage

  • Brent Zanke
    Jun 8, 2014
      Hi Jon. What model is your boat?

      On Jun 8, 2014, at 10:18 AM, "Skipper svmelusine@... [Sabresailboat]" <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Here's a message I never anticipated sending, but it's true:  stuff happens.

      Turns out Melusine suffers from the oft-referenced, and almost as often disregarded, cabin sole / mast step / bulkhead delamination and deterioration;  according to survey a couple weeks ago.

      Distressing news, but perhaps to someone's benefit.  Options under consideration are donation, attempt to sell as-is, and repair...then sell.

      I'm leaning toward option #3, after the surveyor's assessment that the value of the boat at present is $15,000;  but if there's any interest from this list I'd be glad to chat about it.

      The boat is on the hard at Gratitude Marina in Rock Hall, on the Eastern Shore of MD, where (before this unpleasant epiphany) the yard blasted, barrier coated and painted the bottom.

      Thanks for a good long gam on this list.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic