48158Re: [SabreSailboat] Boom Vang

  • followingsea2001
    Jun 7, 2014
      Depends on the type of sailing you do. Vangs ( not preventers) are essential for performance off the wind when the traveller no longer keeps the boom down and  can't tension the leach.  I have never used a preventer. Can't see the effort is worth it when in the restricted waters of SF Bay.  Maybe more useful on longer ocean sails where one is on one tack for an extended period. Hassle of going forward to unclip and clip the preventer each time you gybe  negates the idea for me.

      Cheers,
      Martin
    • Show all 56 messages in this topic