48149Re: rudder angle

  • sid_w
    Jun 6, 2014
      It is probably  a bit over +/- 45 degrees...  But I have noticed that if the rudder was not locked, and is too far over at dead stop under motor power, then the boat starts to reverse-steer, as if the rudder was over by more than 90 grees, but as you can tell by looking at the top of the rudder post, that is not true.  Rudder never turns more than 45 or so from straight.

      I am not sure why you get that reverse steer phenomenon... I would think it has something to do with the offset prop, but is seems to be the case in both directions.

      Sid Wax
      Passing Fancy, S28-II, #318
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic