48147Boom Vang

  • Yuriy
    Jun 6, 2014
      Hello all,
      My S30 came without boom vang. This is my first boat and I'm still learning. I understand the purpose of the boom vang and was thinking it would be helpful in certain situation to have one. I've read in the S30 manual that Sabre was supplying boom vang as an option to be used as a preventer and to control boom hight by attaching it to the bail on the boom and to a stanchion base or an attachment on the toerail while going off wind. My question, is it worth to install a bail and have the soft vang attached to the mast base, or just use the vang the way Sabre recommended? If not running, boom can be lowered by mainsheet anyway.
    • Show all 56 messages in this topic