48138Does anyone have a Loos gauge?

    Jun 6, 2014

      OK, first the earth shattering news.  My mast was stepped on Wednesday, and I am scheduling a shakedown cruise on June 21.  Seems I may be back in the saddle!

      Now for the question.  My mast has been out for nearly 3 years, it has never been tuned, I cut an inch off the mast (and raised the step an inch), the step is entirely new and probably moved at least 1/32", maybe more.  Bottom line, this is an ideal time to tune my rig.

      The shrouds are easy.  But backstay/forestay tension is harder, and best done with a Loos gauge.

      So, does anyone have a Loos gauge I can borrow?  Wire size 9/32.

      And yes, I know this is all racer-dude stuff.  But I have raced too many years, it's in my blood.

      Thanks!

      Harry Keith

      Analysis

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic