47264Re: [SabreSailboat] Mold / mildew on interior teak wood

  • Daniel Trainor
    Apr 20 4:12 PM
      Peter ,  looking at your fantastic interior wood project results ,  would you mind sending me detailed instructions and materials ?  I hope to tackle this renew a section at a time and hopefully obtain 50 % similar results.  Thanks!  Dan

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 20, 2014, at 4:16 PM, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:

      Dan -
      A mild borax/vinegar solution will kill and loosen the mold.  Afterward, a Murphy's wash and rub will help restore the appearance. If you have a linseed oil finish, the mold sees the oil as a free lunch and you may be left with a blotchy finish where the mold ate the oil.  That's what led me to a full refinish with Daley's.

      Recipe
      - 2 tablespoons borax
      - 1/4 cup vinegar
      - 2 cups warm water

      The borax and vinegar attack the mold two different ways, giving you a more thorough kill.
      Pete

      On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...> wrote:

      I have some on wood - what product would be good to get rid of it - in past I just used diluted simple green - but does it grow back?

      Sent from my iPad

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic