47245Re: [SabreSailboat] Stuck seacock when no clearance to hit

  • Dan Trainor
    Apr 20, 2014
      Heat?

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 20, 2014, at 9:19 AM, <josrulz_2001@...> wrote:

      Hi all, I'm actually asking for a friend who is not online. He also has an S34-I, though a 1982. The seacock for the head sink is stuck, and there is only about 1" clearance between the back side of the plug (where you would normally tap it to pop it out) and the bulkhead. So he can't get a solid wack on it to pop it loose.

      Any suggestions or ticks that might help?

      He is under the gun to get this resolved since he is splashing the week.

      We have thought about maybe a wood block sized for the end of the plug, followed by shims against the bulkhead. Not sure if it'll work.

      He tried tapping the handle but here are only a few more inches there and also he didn't want to damage it.
      Thanks!
      Jim
      1984 Sabre 34, #207

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic