45855Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Boat Printers

    Dec 27, 2013
      The best instructions are at http://www.airprintactivation.com/  You'll also need to install Bonjour  print services from  http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999.   I suspect that iTunes is not actually required.  But if you are going to download iTunes, be extremely careful.  There are a variety of fake iTune sites that advertise on Google and come up ahead the real Apple site.  If anything comes up that says anything other than "Apple, Inc.", hit cancel and find a desk to hide under.

      It works fine with Windows 7, less so on Windows 8.  The only serious gotcha is that you have turn on printer sharing in "Printer Properties" on the "Devices and Printers" page.

      On 12/26/2013 7:32 PM, Roger B wrote:

      Jim,
      I have an HP 470 portable that talks to my PC via Bluetooth. Please describe the software connection between the Ipad, PC and printer.

      Roger

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic