45601Re: [SabreSailboat] renewing stantions

  • DAVID LOCHNER
    Nov 26, 2013
      Phil,

      Used WhiteWater Marine in Michigan,  http://www.whitewatermarineinc.com

      Replaced the chrome plated bronze ring tops and had the lower holes filled, i.e, a piece of SS tubing was welded in the hole so you no longer need those annoying grommets.

      Cost was about $20 a stanchion. Service was very fast, about 10 days door to door (of course it was in February, a slow time). Quality of work was top notch. All of them came back polished and looking like new.

      I left the bases firmly attached to the boat.

      Dave

      On Nov 26, 2013, at 1:07 AM, Phillip Shepard <phillipshepard97@...> wrote:

       Last year a number of you had your stanchions renewed. I know that Tops-in-Quality went under. Questions  1. Who did the work and were you satisfied (quality and cost).  2. Did you have the bases worked on    3. Any words of advise as to what should or should not be done.

           Thanks,      Phil

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic