45589Winterizing two strokes

    Nov 24, 2013
      If you have a two stroke O/B, you know what residue from gas/oil/ethanol does over the winter.  I have a number of pieces of Stihl power equipment, and Stihl now sells MotoMix, a mixture of no-ethanol gas, stabilizers and Stihl's synthetic oil premixed at 50:1.   At the end of the season, you run the chainsaw, weedwacker, edger, etc. dry, add a few ounces of MotoMix, restart and run dry again,  You are good for the winter, and in the spring you won't have to disassemble and clean the carburetor, or -gasp - pay a mechanic to do it.
      I see no reason the stuff wouldn't work the same way in a two stroke outboard.
      Pete